Our Upcoming Events
Click on the map
|Area 3 (orange, Beats 15 - 22) is commanded by Captain Freddie Hamilton. Area 3 is centrally located within the City of Oakland. It is bordered by Area 1, Area 2, Lake Merritt, and the City of Piedmont on the west, Redwood Regional Park on the north, Area 4 to the west, and the estuary to the south. Area 3 is a diverse community with several thriving business districts: Lakeshore, Eastlake, Park, Dimond, Laurel, and Fruitvale.|
Area 3 comprises thirteen community policing beats. If you would like to find the officer who is assigned to your neighborhood or business location, click on the map to find out what area and beat you live in. You can enlarge the map to read street names.
Problem-solving officers have been assigned to work with community members to help solve neighborhood issues. The Community Resource Officer Directory lists the commanding sergeant and specific problem-solving officer assigned to every community policing beat and corresponding Neighborhood Crime Prevention Councils.
|Commander||Operations Commanders (day and night shifts)||Special Resource Commander|
Captain Freddie Hamilton
|Lt. Eric Lewis|
Operations Commander (AM)
Lt. Steve Paich
|Lt. James J. Bassett|
Special Resource Commander
Area Commander responsibilities include:
- 24/7 operation of Area 1, including deployment of officers and personnel management.
- Develop and implement crime reduction strategies
- Develop and strengthen community partnerships
- Administrative oversight: Use of Force, pursuit, & administrative investigations, appraisals, and other risk management reporting requirements
Operations Commander responsibilities include:
- Deployment of Patrol resources to accomplish specific crime reduction objectives
Special Resources Commander responsibilities include:
- Deployment of the specialized units [Community Relations Officers (CROs) and Crime Reduction Teams (CRTs)] to accomplish specific crime reduction objectives.
Area 3: 2016 Part I and Part II Crimes reported for the week of . . .
Area 3 Neighborhood Services Coordinators
Find Your Neighborhood Services Coordinator
If you know what area and neighborhood you live in, you can find your Neighborhood Services Coordinator in the linked table. (If you do not know, use this map of the City to find what area and beat you live in.)
Nextdoor - This link will take you to Nextdoor
Build a stronger neighborhood. Keep the neighborhood safe. Share recommendations. Connect to people who live in your neighborhood.
Receive updates, by text or email, regarding Area 2 crime trends, incidents and events directly from officers serving your neighborhood. Simply text OPD2 to 888777 or visit Nixle.com to register!