Our Upcoming Events
|Emergency (using landline)||9-1-1|
|Emergency (using cell phone)||(510) 777-3211|
|Crime Stoppers of Oakland||(510) 777-8572|
|OPD Sexual Assault Tip Line||(510) 637-0298|
How Can I Reach Out to My PSO or to My Area Captain and Area Lieutenant?
Phone & Email
OPD Telephone Directory
The Oakland Police Department telephone directory provides contact information. The directory is a living document, generally updated monthly. Make sure you have the latest version.
Problems or questions? Call (510)777-3333.
Call Priority - Why Does It Take So Long?
While acknowledging the importance of your call, the Department must follow this hierarchy of response to ensure that the greatest emergencies are handled as quickly as possible.
- Potential danger for serious injury to persons, prevention of violent crimes, serious public hazards, felonies in progress with possible suspect on scene.
- Urgent, but not an emergency situation, hazardous / sensitive matters, in-progress misdemeanors and crimes where quick response may facilitate apprehension of suspect(s).
- Cold reports and non-emergencies.
- Non-emergency and/or information type reports which generally do not require a response by field units.
Locate Police Stations
Google Maps provide directions to the Police Administration Building in downtown Oakland and the Eastmont Substation.
Police Administration Building
455 7th Street
Oakland, CA 94607
phone: (510) 238-3455
2651 73rd Avenue
Oakland, CA 94601 (at the Eastmont Town Center)
phone: (510) 777-8500
We want to know how we are doing. Send us an email note:
- Media/Press/Public Relations: email@example.com
- General Inquiries/Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Inquiries/Comments: OPD Webmaster
Your feedback is valuable to us. We like to hear when an officer or employee's performance is outstanding, and we certainly need to know if it didn't meet your expectations. Go to Quality of Service to make a commendation or file a complaint.
Or use the Quick Compliment form if you'd simply like to let us know about an officer or Police Department employee whose work has pleased you.