Our Upcoming Events
We are committed to making information available to the public. This Public Reports pages contains access to the following documents:
- Annual Management Reports - Annual reports by OPD units. Gives a snapshot in time of the Department.
- Strategic Policy Partnership, LLC - Reports from an external consulting group, chaired by Robert Wasserman, to improve public safety in Oakland
- Rapid and Effective Response to Robberies, Burglaries and Shootings (May 2013)
- Best Practices Review (October 2013)
- Zeroing Out Crime (December 2013)
- Bratton Group Reports - Publications by the Bratton Group, LLC
- Crowd Control Reports - Quarterly Crowd Control Reports
- Departmental Publications - Departmental publications of interest to the public.
- Independent Board of Inquiry Report - Concerning OPD's Response on March 21, 2009.
- Negotiated Settlement Agreement Reports - Documentation related to the Negotiated Settlement Re: Pattern and Practice Claims.
- Occupy Oakland - Public Records - (access to audio and video recordings and transcriptions of events occurring during the October and November 2011 police actions related to Occupy Oakland).
- Officer Involved Shootings (OIS) - Preliminary information on police incidents resulting in the death of an individual.
- Parties' Joint Submission of Proposed Order - Regarding Plaintiff's Receivership Motion - December 5, 2012
- Stop Data Reports
- Strategic Plan Framework
Need a Report or Document? To obtain vehicle collision reports, or to make public records requests, go to Need a Report or Document?.
Stop Data Reports
Stop Data reports provide the results from data collection made for discretionary stops. The stop data policy and data collection program has been implemented with the intention of creating an internal culture of accountability and ensuring that our policing practices are constitutional. Providing the Oakland community with public safety services in a fair and equitable manner remains our priority. We understand the importance of our responsibility to implement strategies that effectively reduce crime and protect the civil liberties of everyone.
Stop Data Documentation
|Annual Report, July 2013 - June 2014||Stop Data Annual Report||Informe Anual de Datos de Detenciones de Tráfico||攔檢數據年度報告|
Preliminary Report, April - November 2013
|Preliminary Stop Data Report||Informe Preliminar de Análisis de Datos de Solicitud de Alto||攔檢數據初步分析報告|
|Interim Chief Whent||Jefe Interino de Policía: Mensaje||從警察局長發送消息|
Strategic Plan Framework
Strategic Plan Working Draft: August 2010
The Strategic Plan outlines the Department's vision and strategies for reaching it. Strategic planning is a dynamic and flexible way of managing the services and operations of the Police Department.
On September 21, 2010, the OPD Strategic Plan was presented to the Oakland City Council. The PowerPoint presentation summarized current conditions, spoke of our goals and plans, and how we were working to optimize available resources to provide the highest possible level of public safety to the residents of Oakland.
Strategic Plan Presentation
On September 21, 2010, Chief Anthony Batts presented the OPD Strategic Plan to the Oakland City Council. The PowerPoint presentation summarizes our current condition and speaks of our goals and plans, and how we are working to optimize available resources to provide the highest possible level of public safety to the residents of Oakland. more>
Independent Board of Inquiry Report
Reporte de la Comisión Investigadora Independiente
調查委員會報告 (Board of Inquiry Report in Chinese)
The Independent Board of Inquiry Report and an accompanying set of FAQs was prepared by a panel of law enforcement veterans concerning the March 21, 2009 slayings of Sgt. Mark Dunakin, Officer John Hege, Sgt. Ervin Romans and Daniel Sakai.
|Bureau of Inquiry Report||Reporte de la Comisión Investigadora||調查委員會報告|
|March 21, 2009 Incident, Frequently Asked Questions||Incidente del 21 de marzo del 2009, Preguntas Frecuentes||2009年3月21日槍殺事件|