Chief of Police
Our Upcoming Events
Vehicle Collision Reports
Oakland Police Department motor vehicle collision reports can be purchased on-line, in person or by mail.
- You must be an involved party or a representative of an involved party to obtain a copy of a collision report.
- Reports are typically available within 60 - 90 days from the date of the accident.
- If your report is not available after 60 days, please contact the Traffic Operations Section at (510) 777-8570.
- The total cost of an on-line report is $23.00 (a $3.00 convenience fee is included).
- To obtain a copy of a report online, go to the OPD Accident Report Database and provide:
- The accident report number
- The date the accident occurred
- Your last name.
- Some accident reports may not be available on-line as a result of the following and therefore must be obtained in person or by mail:
- An Oakland Police Officer did not respond to the scene of the accident.
- There were serious injuries and/or a fatality as a result of the accident.
- The accident involved a City of Oakland vehicle.
- The Oakland Police Department reserves the right to further restrict the availability of on-line accident reports.
To obtain a copy of a report in person, come to theTraffic Investigations Unit - (510) 777-8570 - at the Eastmont Substation at 2651 73rd Avenue, Oakland, CA 94605.
- Normal hours are Tuesday through Friday, between 11:00 am and 2:45 pm.
- The Traffic Investigations Unit is not open on holidays.
- You must have valid identification.
- The cost is $20.00. We accept Visa, MasterCard, cash or checks.
To obtain a copy of a report by mail, send a signed request to the Traffic Investigations Unit, 2651 73rd Avenue, Oakland, CA. 94605. Be sure to include the following with the request:
- All details you have regarding the accident
- A check for $20.00, payable to the City of Oakland.
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- A copy of your valid identification if you are an involved party.
- A claim or policy number if you are an insurance representative.
- A signed authorization release from your client if you are an attorney for an involved party.