Our Upcoming Events
Free Curbside Chipping
Weekly Yard Trimmings Collection
Property owners in the high fire hazard area may reduce fire hazards by taking full advantage of unlimited, weekly yard trimming collection services. This service is proved by Waste Management of Alameda County in an effort to dispose of excess brush and grass that must be cleared from their properties. Click here for complete details.
FREE Curbside Tree & Brush Chipping Service
This program is offered to property owners in the high fire hazard area, at no charge; call (510) 238-7388 to schedule a pick-up. This limited, free tree and brush chipping service is available to assist residents in reducing the fuel load on their property.
Chipping Request & GuidelinesContact Info - phone number, email
- Location of debris/material to be picked-up
The homeowner needs to provide:
- Address with closest cross street
- (curb in front, south side of house, by the garbage, etc.)
- Description and approximate amount to be picked-up
- Do you want the chips?
- If you want the chips, where would you like the pile?
For Chipping to occur:
- Do NOT leave branches greater than 4 inches in diameter.
- Do NOT stack piles greater than 4 feet by 4 feet.
- Do NOT leave more than 2 stacks per pick-up.
- Do NOT use plastic bags.
- Do NOT have piles of leaves;
they will NOT be chipped or picked-up by the chipper service.
To help organize your neighbors to gather together for a block chipping party, download this flyer.
Fire Prevention Bureau
250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, 3rd Floor, Oakland, CA 94612
8:00 to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday