Our Upcoming Events
The purpose of the Plan Review Unit is to ensure the products, materials, and design of any new or existing building, commercial use, or fire protection system is in accordance with all national, state, and local standards in order to protect human and environmental health and safety, as well as the protection of property. The Oakland Fire Prevention Bureau has highly-trained professional engineers on staff to provide thorough review of all plans submitted for the following projects:
- Fire Alarm
- Pre-Engineered Suppression Systems
- Development Plan Review
- Hydrants and Underground Water Supply
- Hazardous Materials Systems (Storage Tanks, Rooms, etc.)
- Special Events (Pyrotechnics, Large Assemblies, Tents, etc.)
- Emergency and Evacuation Plan
To submit plans for review and approval, deliver the following items to the Fire Prevention Bureau Office:
- Site Map,
- 3 Copies of Plans - Each page must by stamped and signed by the architect or engineer,
- Proof of Oakland Business Tax License, and
- Cut Sheets and California State Fire Marshal (CSFM) Listings for Products Used.
- Some plan types may have additional submittal requirements, call (510) 238-3851 if you have any questions.
Plans may be submitted to the Fire Prevention Bureau Office during office hours. All fees must be paid prior to plan review and/or site inspections. An acceptance test inspection shall be completed prior to the final inspection and approval for all new construction.