Our Upcoming Events
Conducting a Neighborhood Excercise
After your CORE group has completed CORE III, it is strongly recommended that you organize a neighborhood exercise and repeat it on an annual basis. Contact the CORE Coordinator at 510.238.6351 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an exercise packet and/or to make arrangements for a fire engine company to observe and evaluate your exercise.
You should hold a few exercise planning meetings to determine:
- Who is best suited to be on a particular team and establish team leaders for the exercise
- Basic responsibilities and tasks for the exercise
- What supplies each team needs
- Overall exercise guidelines and details
- Logistics such as publicity, special needs, debriefing
Your neighborhood exercise can focus on different emergency scenarios such as an earthquake, fire, or chemical release. These exercises can be simple, fun and enlightening. They are an excellent way to practice and enhance your neighborhood preparedness and response skills.