Our Upcoming Events
New Dreams, New Ways
Oakland is a vibrant, safe and thriving center of the East Bay. We will build on the City’s experience as the administrative hub of the County of Alameda, the regional seat for the federal government, the district location of primary state offices and the center of commerce and international trade for the Bay Area.
Our First 100 Days
Despite the hardship that local governments are facing, Oakland is on the move:
- From the hundreds who joined me on the Inaugural walk from Chinatown to the Fox Oakland Theater and the 1000 who came to the City Hall Open House on January 3, we have launched a new era of civic engagement.
- We balanced the budget twice, despite the State's elimination of Redevelopment.
- We’ve consciously raised the positive profile of the City
- We’ve put youth at the center of City policy
- We’re focusing resources on neighborhoods with the greatest need
- We’ve established a leadership role for Oakland
Assembly member Sandre Swanson, Mayor-elect Jean Quan and daughter Lailan Huen join friends and supporters on the "Remembering and Making History Walk" from Oakland's Chinatown to the historic Fox Oakland Theater on Inauguration Day, January 3, 2011.
Click here for the KGO-TV story on welcoming Gateway Bank's Headquarters to Oakland on my 100th day....
<<Gateway Banks' Frances Baker and CEO Jeff Cheung at my 100th Day Press Conference on April 12, 2011.