Our Upcoming Events
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The City of Oakland leadership recognizes that our employees are our most important asset, and we have diligently been working to improve the care available to employees. Towards that end, the Human Resources Management Department (HR) has contracted with Claremont EAP to be our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider. The EAP offers comprehensive benefits designed to provide support to all non-sworn employees and their families in dealing with the stresses and challenges of daily living. Claremont EAP has resources available to help with a wide variety of work-related, personal or family concerns. These services are provided and maintained on a confidential basis. All non-sworn City employees and their families may take advantage of Claremont’s services at no cost to the employee.
All requests for EAP services should be directed to Claremont EAP. The toll free number is (800) 834-3773, or they may be reached online at
Claremont EAP offers a comprehensive range of services and a broad network of counselors. They have successfully served clients in the Bay Area for over 20 years, working with both public and private sector firms. They have been the EAP provider for our Fire Department for years. We are confident that Claremont EAP will provide an outstanding program, responding to our employees' diverse needs. The following are examples of services available to all employees and their family members:
- Counseling Visits: Three in-person counseling visits per incident with a licensed clinician. These visits can address personal issues such as: stress, marital & family problems, emotional problems, alcohol & drug dependency, relationships, work-related difficulties, psychiatric disorders, and more.
- Substance Abuse Treatment: Claremont EAP will help to access City and/or Health Plan Benefits and provide support and monitoring.
- Legal Consultation: Free consultations provided (one consultation, up to 30 minutes per incident, 25% discount for continuing services), referrals provided to attorneys or mediators. Legal matters include: family/domestic law, consumer/contract issues, personal injury, traffic tickets, DUI, estate planning, bankruptcy and more (not covered: employment related matters). Free Simple Will-Kits are also provided.
- Financial Services: Free telephone consultations regarding credit counseling, debt and budgeting assistance, estate planning, tax planning, retirement and college planning, as well as various investment subjects and tax issues. Free Credit Reports and review are also provided.
- Work/Life Services: Research and qualified referrals for:
-Child Care Referrals
-Elder Care Referrals
-Daily Living/Convenience Referrals
Claremont EAP is based in Alameda, and has a large network of counselors throughout the entire Bay Area. They have Masters level counselors available by telephone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Help will always be there when needed.