Our Upcoming Events
Using an interpreter is just one of a number of ways for service providers to communicate with the limited-English speaking populations they serve.
Language assistance can also include:
- Assistance from a bilingual staff member (who has received appropriate training)
- Multimedia resources (for example, a multilingual CD-Rom)
- Multilingual information on web sites
- Multilingual telephone information
- Translated printed materials
Language Access Symbol
The Language Access Symbol is a Citywide public information symbol. The symbol indicates that a location has language assistance available upon your request.
You may also see this symbol where government and community information and services are available, such as City Hall, museum, police stations, public libraries, parks and recreation centers and senior centers.