Our Upcoming Events
Employment and Employment Training
- Laney College
The Oakland Green Jobs Corps program targets disadvantaged and dislocated for job training and employment placement in green jobs.
- Men of Valor Academy
The Men of Valor program includes Life-Skills training, Educational workforce/vocational training and job placement.
- Oakland Workforce Development Collaborative
The Oakland Army Base Workforce Development Collaborative provides workforce development and job placement services to low-income residents of Oakland.
- Society of St Vincent de Paul
The Kitchen of Champions Culinary Training Program integrates hands-on food services training with classroom instruction, case management, workplace preparation and job placement assistance
- Volunteers of America Bay Area (VOABA)
The Volunteers of America Bay Area (VOABA) Re-entry Housing Initiative assists ex-offenders returning to Oakland with housing, job training, and placement services.
- Alameda County Workforce Investment Board
- Oakland Private Industry Council (PIC)
- Employment Development Department (EDD)
- East Bay Works
Affordable Housing and Foreclosure Assistance
- Catholic Charities of the East Bay (CCEB)
The Oakland Housing Plus program provides low-income residents of Oakland with housing assistance through rental and utility assistance.
- Covenant House California
Covenant House California (CHC)’s Crisis Shelter and Transitional Living Program supports the educational and employment needs of homeless youths in Oakland.
- Housing and Economic Rights Advocates (HERA)
Housing and Economic Rights Advocates (HERA) works to protect vulnerable Oakland Homeowners from foreclosure by offering individual foreclosure prevention, workshops, and telephone counseling and referral services
- St. Mary's Center
St. Mary’s Center assists over 350 homeless and at risk seniors with temporary shelter, mental health, substance abuse income management and housing services
- Oakland Housing Authority (OHA)
- DreamCatcher-Alameda Family Services
- First Place for Youth
- Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (NACA)
- Community Housing