Our Upcoming Events
Public safety continues to be the highest priority for the District 7 Council Office. Please use the information on these pages to get involved in making your community safe.
Who can I call if…
I have an immediate life or property-threatening emergency, or am witnessing a crime in progress.
- Call Police Emergency 911.
I believe that I am witnessing drug dealing in my neighborhood.
- Step 1: Call the Drug Hotline at 238-DRUG. The hotline will alert the Crime Reduction Team (CRT) to the problem. CRT focuses on specific problems over a long-term period
- Step 2: Call your beat officers. Leave a detailed message about the activity.
- Step 3: Call Police Area Captain Paul Figueroa at 773-2767.
I believe there is an area in my neighborhood where criminal activity routinely takes place.
- Step 1: Call Police/Non-Emergency at 777-3333;
- Step 2: Call your beat officers. Leave a message with the location and hours of the activity.
- Step 3: Report the problem to your Neighborhood Service Coordinator (NSC), and your Neighborhood Crime Prevention Council (NCPC).
Neighborhood Crime Prevention Council (NCPC)
Neighborhood Crime Prevention Councils are associations of residents that collaborate with the police department to reduce crime in their areas. They function as the eyes and ears of a community, and help inform the police about incidents of crime. Call your council to get involved in crime reduction in your area, or to report a concern after you have contacted the police. Additional Oakland Police Department information is available at the Oakland Police Department Page.
Neighborhood Service Coordinators (NSC)
A neighborhood service coordinator acts as a liaison between the police department and other governmental agencies, and can answer any crime-related question. Neighborhood Service Coordinators handle all kinds of police issues, and can direct you to the appropriate person and/or agency for assistance. Call your NSC if you are not sure which agency is supposed to address your concern.
For information regarding Neighborhood Crime Prevention Council meetings, contact the following Neighborhood Service Coordinators:
|Jacqueline Long |
Neighborhood Services Supervisor,
Coliseum Business District
Phone: (510) 238-7750
|Arlette “Arly” Flores-Medina |
Hegenberger to the San Leandro Border, Sobrante Park
Phone: (510) 238-6674
|Jennifer Argueta |
Coliseum Gardens, Elmhurst Area
Phone: (510) 238-6747
|Patricia Rose |
South Hills, Macarthur Corridor, King Estates Area
Phone: (510) 238-6822