Council District 1
Our Upcoming Events
Service Request - Report a Problem
Welcome! Here’s where you can request a public works maintenance service. We appreciate your request and thank you for being our "eyes and ears" in the City of Oakland.
This web site is for NON-EMERGENCY services only! For potential emergency situations, please call (510) 615-5566.
To submit your service request, follow these five simple steps:
- Step 1 - Select the type of service request.
- Step 2 - Answer a few questions about your request, just to be sure we’re clear.
- Step 3 - Enter the location of your service request.
- Step 4 - Enter your contact information.
- Step 5 - Enter any additional comments, verify the information you entered and submit the service request.
After you submit your request, you will receive a Service Request ID. Keep this ID number handy! You’ll need it if you want to check on the status of your request.
You may submit a Service Request online, by phone, by email or by mobile app.
Online: To begin a New Service Request, click here.
Phone: Call (510) 615-5566
Mobile App: SeeClickFix (see below)
Existing Service Request
Welcome back! Click here to check the status of a service request that you’ve already submitted. You'll need your Service Request ID number and the email address you used when you submitted the request.
We welcome any suggestions about how to make this website easier to use!
Contact us at the Public Works Call Center
Telephone: (510) 615-5566
The City of
Attention bloggers: Widgets can be created to place on your blog or website, so your readers can report a problem directly from your blog or website: http://seeclickfix.com/widget.
Public Works Viewer
The Public Works Viewer lets you find out what we’re working on in your community. Use this tool to search and locate information about service requests and work taking place in your community. This tool works best using Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or Mozilla Firefox.
Other Helpful Links
- Abandoned Autos (abandoned vehicles on the public street after 3 days)
(510) 777-8622 (report abandoned vehicles parked on the street for over 72 hours)
- AC Transit
Dial 511; then say "AC Transit"; then say "Customer Relations" (maintenance, complaints, etc.)
- Alameda County Public Works - Creek/Drainage Maintenance
(510) 670-5500 (creek flooding, overgrown vegetation, illegal dumping, graffiti)
- Animal Control
(510) 535-5602 (live animals)
(510) 535-4888 (dead animals)
- Building Services (construct an addition, build a new home or renovate an existing building)
- CalTrans (freeway, on & off ramps, signs, weeds, graffiti, illegal dumping, homeless encampments)
(415) 330-6500 (graffiti on signs, striping, electrical issues)
(510) 614-5942 (illegal dumping, pot holes, homeless encampment, overgrown vegetation)
- Code Enforcement (blighted private properties, deteriorated buildings, inoperable vehicles on private property)
- EBMUD East Bay Municipal Utilities District
(866) 403-2683 (fire hydrants, clear water leaks, flooding, graffiti)
- Fire/Hazardous Materials (HazMat)
- Household Hazardous Waste
- OUSD Oakland Unified School District (trash, debris, illegal dumping, graffiti, defective signs)
(510) 535-2718 or 2719 (buildings, grounds, grafitti & any issues on grounds)
- Parking Citations
Click on Parking Matters for Oakland's website on all things related to parking on City streets.
(800) 500-6484 (parking citation assistance center, pay or appeal a citation, residential parking permits)
(510) 238-3099 (enforcement)
(510) 238-6631 (meter repair & meter collection)
- PG&E Pacific, Gas & Electric (power outages, high voltage & tree limb interference)
(800) 743-5000 (maintenance & emergencies, gas leask, downed power lines, etc.)
- Port of Oakland (overgrown weeds, litter, homeless encampments)
(510) 627-1415 (general maintenance, non-emergencies, overgrown weeds, litter, homeless encampment, grafitti)
(510) 563-3300 or (510) 563-3360 (Oakland International Airport; Airport Operations Center) Emergencies 24/7
- Recreation Centers
- Regional Private Sewer Lateral (PSL) Program
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in collaboration with the California Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB) is spearheading an effort to keep the Bay clean. The EPA and RWQCB are requiring the East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD), six East Bay cities, and one sewer district to fix old, cracked sanitary sewer pipes to ensure they don't allow the infiltration of rainwater which can overwhelm wastewater treatment facilities, resulting in untreated or partially treated sewage being released into the Bay. As a result, EBMUD and its partners are phasing in a Regional Private Sewer Lateral (PSL) Ordinance in some east bay communities. Affected property owners will be required to obtain a certificate from EBMUD indicating that their PSLs are without defects and have proper connections. Follow the link to EBMUD's website for the requirements on the East Bay Regional Private Sewer Lateral Program.
- Streets - 5-Year Pavement Schedule
- Streets - Street Maintenance Fact Sheet
- Streets - Pavement Condition Letter
- Trees - Plant Your Own Tree Form
- Trees - Prune Your Own Tree Guidelines
- Union Pacific Railroad (illegal dumping, graffiti, damaged tracks, pot holes)
(888) 877-7267 (maintenance)
- Alameda County Vector Control (rat or rodent infestations)
- Waste Management of Alameda County
(510) 613-8710 (residential missed pick-up, driver complaints, bulky-waste pickups)
(510) 613-8700 (business services)