- Animal Services
- Budget Office
- Citizens' Police Review Board
- Cannabis Regulatory Commission
- Community Policing Advisory Board
- Contracts and Compliance
- Cultural Arts & Marketing
- Economic & Workforce Development
- Employee Relations
- KTOP TV-10
- Measure Y
- Neighborhood Investment
- Nuisance Abatement
- Public Ethics Commission
- Real Estate
- Special Permits
- Workforce Development
Our Upcoming Events
The City of Oakland is governed by a “strong Mayor” form of government. The Mayor oversees the Executive Branch of government. The City Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of City agencies and departments.
Appointed by the Mayor, the City Administrator directs City agencies and departments to ensure the goals and policy directives of the Mayor and City Council are implemented.
In addition to overseeing the City agencies and departments, the City Administrator’s Office provides direct services through 10 divisions and work units.
City Administrator's Weekly Report
The City Administrator's Weekly Report is a tool for the Administration to report out the week's highlights to the Mayor, City Council, the General Public and Local Media. The Weekly Report serves as a news briefing, and includes important City news, updates on key initiatives and projects and a listing of upcoming City-sponsored meetings and events. The Weekly Report is issued every Friday throughout the year, with breaks during the legislative recess in August, the week of the Thanksgiving holiday and the last two weeks of December.
- Weekly Report, February 27, 2015
- Weekly Report, February 20, 2015
- Weekly Report, February 13, 2015
- Weekly Report, February 6, 2015
- Weekly Report, January 30, 2015
- Weekly Report, January 23, 2015
- Weekly Report, January 16, 2015
- Tree Removal in Dimond Park for Sausal Creek Restoration, 2/2/15
- Vacant Property Registry, 1/30/15
- Economic & Workforce Development Director Appointment, 1/20/15
- Vehicle Accident Review Program, 01/08/15
- 2015 Sewer Service Charge Increase Based on Consumer Price Index, 12/31/14
Learn about the many opportunities through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act to build on existing innovations in Oakland, leverage additional resources, and develop Oakland as a model city. The ARRA represents the most ambitious effort to stimulate the economy in our nation's history. Visit the City's Stimulus website.