Our Upcoming Events
Tenant Improvement Program
How the program can help you
The Tenant Improvement Program can help you upgrade your commercial space if it has been vacant for six months or longer and you have a prospective tenant.
Your business or property must be located in an eligible target area:
The Agency will award grants to a variety of businesses:
- Food-related ventures such as grocery stores, restaurants, coffee/tea shops, bakeries, produce markets, health food stores and other specialty food stores
- Apparel stores
- Drugstores or pharmacies
- General merchandise stores
- Dry goods stores
- Hobby shops
- Medical and dental offices
- Personal services such as lock and key shops, shoe repair shops, dry cleaners, videotape rentals, personal fitness centers, hair salons and barbershops.
- Hazardous materials abatement, such as asbestos removal
- Demolition and shell reconstruction
- Plumbing, mechanical, electrical & HVAC
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance
- Interior design and décor
- Historic restoration of interior features
A limited amount of architecture design assistance is available at no cost to you if you work with the City’s select group of architectural firms. If the you prefers to use an out-of the program architect, you will not be eligible for the design assistance.
Grants will be awarded up to $45,000.00 and will be distributed in the form of a reimbursement, once construction is complete and the terms stated in the Reimbursement Agreement have been met.
For more information
If you have questions concerning the Tenant Improvement Program or wish to request a program application, please contact Ain Bailey, firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 238-6653.