Our Upcoming Events
Real Estate Services
The Real Estate Services Division provides excellent, cost-effective and professional real estate services to all City departments, the Oakland Redevelopment Agency, City Administrator, the Mayor and City Council.
Placing Telecomm Equipment on City Property
Interested in installing cellular equipment on City-owned property? We're interested in talking to you! Visit our Telecommunications page to learn about our telecommunications licensing program and how our staff can assist you.
City Property for Sale
With the economy showing signs of recovery, now is a great time to invest in Oakland. The City of Oakland has a number of unique properties for sale.
Parcels located in Oakland’s neighborhoods are available for development opportunities. There are also residential lots available in the Oakland Hills and East Oakland.
Commercial & Retail Space for Lease
If you're seeking prime retail, office or café space, the City has a number of high-traffic locations available for lease.
As a property owner, the City of Oakland is a landlord to various tenants.
The Real Estate Services Division provides city-wide real estate asset management services:
- Negotiates all City- and Redevelopment Agency-owned real estate assets with private entities, including but office, retail , land, and parking structures
- Administers leases and licenses, and manages property for Agency- and City-owned real estate
- Develops, executes, administers and manages all license and lease agreements when the City or the Redevelopment Agency is the tenant or occupant
- Negotiates and executes all short-term agreements, including Rights of Entry, Temporary Construction Easements, and licenses for all City and Agency properties
- Appraises and analyzes the value of real estate assets for acquisition, disposition and leasing
- Handles short-term permitting for use of City-owned property
- Manages the facility of the former Oakland Army Base property
If you are currently a tenant in a City-owned property, please call Real Estate at (510) 238-3541 or TTY: (510) 238-3254.
If you are interested in placing Telecommunications equipment on City-owned property, please follow this link to our Telecommunications program.
Acquisition & Disposal
The Real Estate Services Division provides complete real estate acquisition and disposition services for the City of Oakland.
The Acquisition Program acquires sites for redevelopment projects, public facilities, parks, open spaces and rights-of-way for streets and utilities.
After a property has served its purpose and becomes surplus to core city business activities--and is deemed not suitable for the City lease portfolio-- the Surplus Property Disposal Program prepares it for marketing and administers the sale. This is generally accomplished through a competitive bidding process, generating revenue for city operations or other beneficial uses.
Surplus Property Process
To learn about the process the City uses to disposes of surplus property, please follow this link.
Contact the Real Estate staff at (510) 238-3541 or TTY (510) 238-3254.