Our Upcoming Events
Real Estate Services
The Real Estate Services Division provides excellent, cost-effective and professional real estate services to all City departments, the Oakland Redevelopment Successor Agency, City Administrator, the Mayor and City Council.
City Owned Property
With the economy showing signs of recovery, now is a great time to invest in Oakland. The City of Oakland has a number of unique properties for sale. For more information about City owned properties, click on the links in the table below.
Los documentos estan disponibles en español, solo tiene que desplazarse más allá de la sección en inglés
|PROPERTY FOR SALE||PROPERTY FOR LEASE|
Parcels are available for development opportunities, these include residential lots available in the Oakland Hills and East Oakland.
Commercial / Retail
If you're seeking prime retail, office or café space, the City has a number of high-traffic locations available for lease.
Please check back for future listings
- To search additional Oakland properties by map, click here.
As a property owner, the City of Oakland is a landlord to various tenants.
The Real Estate Services Division provides city-wide real estate asset management services:
- Negotiates all City- and Redevelopment Agency-owned real estate assets with private entities, including but office, retail , land, and parking structures
- Administers leases and licenses, and manages property for Agency- and City-owned real estate
- Develops, executes, administers and manages all license and lease agreements when the City or the Redevelopment Agency is the tenant or occupant
- Negotiates and executes all short-term agreements, including Rights of Entry, Temporary Construction Easements, and licenses for all City and Agency properties
- Appraises and analyzes the value of real estate assets for acquisition, disposition and leasing
- Handles short-term permitting for use of City-owned property
- Manages the facility of the former Oakland Army Base property
If you are currently a tenant in a City-owned property, please call Real Estate at (510) 238-3541 or TTY: (510) 238-3254.
If you are interested in placing Telecommunications equipment on City-owned property, please follow this link to our Telecommunications program.
Acquisition & Disposal
The Real Estate Services Division provides complete real estate acquisition and disposition services for the City of Oakland.
The Acquisition Program acquires sites for redevelopment projects, public facilities, parks, open spaces and rights-of-way for streets and utilities.
After a property has served its purpose and becomes surplus to core city business activities--and is deemed not suitable for the City lease portfolio-- the Surplus Property Disposal Program prepares it for marketing and administers the sale. This is generally accomplished through a competitive bidding process, generating revenue for city operations or other beneficial uses.
Surplus Property Process
To learn about the process the City uses to disposes of surplus property, please follow this link.
Placing Telecomm Equipment on City Property
Interested in installing cellular equipment on City-owned property? We're interested in talking to you! Visit our Telecommunications page to learn about our telecommunications licensing program and how our staff can assist you.
Long Range Property Management Plan
Please see below for documents pertaining to the Oakland Redevelopment Successor Agency Long Range Property Management Plan (LRPMP).
- Long Range Property Management Plan
- Oversight Board Resolution Approving Revised LRPMP
- ORSA Resolution Approving the Revised LRPMP
- Department of Finance Correspondence re: the LRPMP
- Final Compensation Agreement
RFPs and RFQs
This section includes a list of RFPs and RFQs for development opportunities on properties owned by the City of Oakland. Please check this page often for addenda, updates and other information related to active RFPs and RFQs. To be added to an email distribution list for notice of future RFPs/RFQs, please email your contact information to: OaklandRFP@oaklandnet.com.
- For detailed information about the 2015 Henry J. Kaiser Convention Center, please follow this link.