Our Upcoming Events
Broadway/MacArthur/San Pablo Project Area
The Broadway/MacArthur/San Pablo Redevelopment Area comprises two distinct areas in North Oakland: the Broadway Auto Row and Telegraph Avenue between 27th Street and 42nd Street, and San Pablo Avenue between 53rd Street and 67th Street.
Broadway/MacArthur sub-area: Broadway, Highway 24, 27th Street and 42nd Street; plus Martin Luther King, Jr. Way between West MacArthur Boulevard and 40th Street
Project Area Legal Description
Established: 2000, including extensions
Size: 676 acres
- Redevelopment Plan
- Five-Year Implementation Plan: Vision Document
- Blight Report
- Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Report
- Appendices to the Draft Supplemental Impact Report
- Redevelopment Plan Amendment to adopt the Lowell/Gaskill Area
- 2000 DEIR for Broadway/MacArthur/San Pablo Redevelopment Plan
- 2000 FEIR for Broadway/MacArthur/San Pablo Redevelopment Plan
- Work jointly with MacArthur Transit Community Partners and BART on the implemention of the MacArthur Transit Village project, including starting construction of the replacement BART parking structure.
- Complete construction of street improvement projects in the MacArthur Transit Village Project area and on San Pablo Avenue
- Complete commercial property improvements through the Façade Improvement Program and the Tenant Improvement Program
- Complete Neighborhood Project Initiative Program grants for small-scale capital improvement projects in the Redevelopment Project Area
- Work with community to adopt a Redevelopment Plan amendment to add the Lowell/Golden Gate/Gaskill neighborhood to the Project Area
- The Horizon Phase II (3884 Martin Luther King Jr. Way)—40-unit for-sale housing development with ground floor retail. Planning entitlements are approved.
- MacArthur BART Station Transit Village—Mixed-use development with housing and neighborhood- serving retail, by BUILD/McGrath Properties. Located between MacArthur and 40th Street from Telegraph Avenue to Highway 24.
- Redevelopment Plan amendment to add the Lowell/Golden Gate/Gaskill neighborhood – proposed expansion of the redevelopment project area to include this neighborhood in North Oakland. Learn more about this plan. * Due to the dissolution of the redevelopment agency on February 1, 2012, this project will not move forward.
- Broadway/Valdez Specific Plan—planning for retail and mixed-use development. Learn more about this plan.
Streetscape projects may include upgrades such as new sidewalks, trees, median improvements, street lighting, undergrounding of utilities, gateway/arch construction, pedestrian and bicycle access improvements, traffic calming features, bulb-outs, scramble traffic signals, crosswalks and new street furniture.
- Telegraph Streetscape Improvements – A Community plan for pedestrian-oriented improvements on Telegraph Avenue between 27th Street and 42nd Street. The design plan is complete.
- MacArthur Transit Hub/ 40th Street Streetscape Project – Pedestrian and bicycle access improvements to the MacArthur BART Station on 40th Street between Martin Luther King, Jr. Way and Telegraph Avenue. Construction is complete.
- San Pablo/ Golden Gate Pedestrian Street Lights – San Pablo Avenue from 53rd Street to 67th Street: Installation of pedestrian-oriented street lights on San Pablo Avenue from 53rd Street to 67th Street. Construction is complete.
- Connell Auto Center Expansion – Renovation and expansion.
- The Horizon Phase I – 3860 MLK (34 units of housing).
Project Area Committee
Due to the dissolution of the Redevelopment Agency as of February 1, 2012, there will no longer be any Project Area Committee meetings.
To view the agendas and minutes of Project Area Committee Meetings as PDF files, click the links for specific meeting dates.
|July 19, 2012||Agenda|
|January 12, 2012||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 3, 2011||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 1, 2011||Agenda||Minutes|
|July 7, 2011||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 5, 2011||Agenda||Minutes|
|March 3, 2011||Agenda||Minutes|
|January 6, 2011||Agenda||N/A|
|November 4, 2010||Agenda||Minutes|
|October 7, 2010 - Special Meeting||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 2, 2010||Agenda||Minutes|
|July 1, 2010||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 6, 2010||Agenda||Mintues|
|March 4, 2010||Agenda||Minutes|
|January 7, 2010||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 5, 2009||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 3, 2009||Agenda||Minutes|
|July 2, 2009||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 7, 2009||Agenda||Minutes|
|March 5, 2009||Agenda||Minutes|
|January 8, 2009||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 6, 2008||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 4, 2008||Agenda||Minutes|
|July 10, 2008||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 1, 2008||Agenda||Minutes|
For PAC Meeting Agendas and Minutes prior to the months listed above please contact Patrick Lane at (510) 238-7362.