Our Upcoming Events
Broadway/MacArthur/San Pablo Project Area
The Broadway/MacArthur/San Pablo Redevelopment Area comprises two distinct areas in North Oakland: the Broadway Auto Row and Telegraph Avenue between 27th Street and 42nd Street, and San Pablo Avenue between 53rd Street and 67th Street.
Broadway/MacArthur sub-area: Broadway, Highway 24, 27th Street and 42nd Street; plus Martin Luther King, Jr. Way between West MacArthur Boulevard and 40th Street
Project Area Legal Description
Established: 2000, including extensions
Size: 676 acres
- Redevelopment Plan
- Five-Year Implementation Plan: Vision Document
- Blight Report
- Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Report
- Appendices to the Draft Supplemental Impact Report
- Redevelopment Plan Amendment to adopt the Lowell/Gaskill Area
- 2000 DEIR for Broadway/MacArthur/San Pablo Redevelopment Plan
- 2000 FEIR for Broadway/MacArthur/San Pablo Redevelopment Plan
- Work jointly with MacArthur Transit Community Partners and BART on the implemention of the MacArthur Transit Village project, including starting construction of the replacement BART parking structure.
- Complete construction of street improvement projects in the MacArthur Transit Village Project area and on San Pablo Avenue
- Complete commercial property improvements through the Façade Improvement Program and the Tenant Improvement Program
- Complete Neighborhood Project Initiative Program grants for small-scale capital improvement projects in the Redevelopment Project Area
- Work with community to adopt a Redevelopment Plan amendment to add the Lowell/Golden Gate/Gaskill neighborhood to the Project Area
- The Horizon Phase II (3884 Martin Luther King Jr. Way)—40-unit for-sale housing development with ground floor retail. Planning entitlements are approved.
- MacArthur BART Station Transit Village—Mixed-use development with housing and neighborhood- serving retail, by BUILD/McGrath Properties. Located between MacArthur and 40th Street from Telegraph Avenue to Highway 24.
- Redevelopment Plan amendment to add the Lowell/Golden Gate/Gaskill neighborhood – proposed expansion of the redevelopment project area to include this neighborhood in North Oakland. Learn more about this plan. * Due to the dissolution of the redevelopment agency on February 1, 2012, this project will not move forward.
- Broadway/Valdez Specific Plan—planning for retail and mixed-use development. Learn more about this plan.
Streetscape projects may include upgrades such as new sidewalks, trees, median improvements, street lighting, undergrounding of utilities, gateway/arch construction, pedestrian and bicycle access improvements, traffic calming features, bulb-outs, scramble traffic signals, crosswalks and new street furniture.
- Telegraph Streetscape Improvements – A Community plan for pedestrian-oriented improvements on Telegraph Avenue between 27th Street and 42nd Street. The design plan is complete.
- MacArthur Transit Hub/ 40th Street Streetscape Project – Pedestrian and bicycle access improvements to the MacArthur BART Station on 40th Street between Martin Luther King, Jr. Way and Telegraph Avenue. Construction is complete.
- San Pablo/ Golden Gate Pedestrian Street Lights – San Pablo Avenue from 53rd Street to 67th Street: Installation of pedestrian-oriented street lights on San Pablo Avenue from 53rd Street to 67th Street. Construction is complete.
- Connell Auto Center Expansion – Renovation and expansion.
- The Horizon Phase I – 3860 MLK (34 units of housing).
Project Area Committee
Meeting day: First Thursday of every other month
Time: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Location: Golden Gate Recreation Center, 1075-62nd Street
To view the agendas and minutes of Project Area Committee Meetings as PDF files, click the links for specific meeting dates.
|July 19, 2012||Agenda|
|January 12, 2012||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 3, 2011||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 1, 2011||Agenda||Minutes|
|July 7, 2011||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 5, 2011||Agenda||Minutes|
|March 3, 2011||Agenda||Minutes|
|January 6, 2011||Agenda||N/A|
|November 4, 2010||Agenda||Minutes|
|October 7, 2010 - Special Meeting||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 2, 2010||Agenda||Minutes|
|July 1, 2010||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 6, 2010||Agenda||Mintues|
|March 4, 2010||Agenda||Minutes|
|January 7, 2010||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 5, 2009||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 3, 2009||Agenda||Minutes|
|July 2, 2009||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 7, 2009||Agenda||Minutes|
|March 5, 2009||Agenda||Minutes|
|January 8, 2009||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 6, 2008||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 4, 2008||Agenda||Minutes|
|July 10, 2008||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 1, 2008||Agenda||Minutes|
For PAC Meeting Agendas and Minutes prior to the months listed above please contact Christine Lebron at (510) 238-3993.