- Budget Office
- Citizens' Police Review Board
- Cannabis Regulatory Commission
- Community Policing Advisory Board
- Contracts and Compliance
- Cultural Arts & Marketing
- Economic & Workforce Development
- Employee Relations
- KTOP TV-10
- Measure Y
- Neighborhood Investment
- Neighborhood Services
- Nuisance Abatement
- Public Ethics Commission
- Real Estate
- Special Permits
- Workforce Development
Our Upcoming Events
What is Merchant Watch?
Merchants actively participate in cooperation with law enforcement to reduce crime in their business corridors. You may hear this program called Merchant Watch, Business Alert, or Business Watch. But the idea is the same: Merchants looking out for each other.
Participating merchants strive to prevent crime by:
- Getting to know each other and their residential neighbors.
- Receiving training on how to recognize and report suspicious activity in their business district.
- Implementing crime prevention techniques such as personal security, robbery reduction and dealing with aggressive panhandlers or scavengers.
- Receiving free security inspections upon request.
Who can participate?
- Any business in the City of Oakland, small or large
- Non-commercial residences within a business corridor
- People interested in starting a business
Helpful Forms and Toolkits
- Merchant Watch Brochure
- Merchant Watch Safety Booklet
- Security Camera Tips: Security camera basics (PDF PPT slides), Surveillance Systems Toolkit, FBI: Caught on Camera on YouTube
- Robbery Prevention: Are You Smart with Your Phone? English, Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese
- Auto Crimes Prevention: Keeping Windows in Your Car English, Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese
- For more information call:
Eddie Simlin, Police Services Technician at (510) 238-6200, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.