Our Upcoming Events
Employers - Donate to Support or Host a Summer Intern!
The Classrooms2Careers Program (formerly known as the Mayor’s Summer Job Program), is based on the Earn & Learn model, a national initiative that prepares students for successful careers by combining career-oriented academic curriculum, relevant work experience, and student financial assistance.
- Provide the flexibility students need to acquire the knowledge and skills and earn a living at the same time
- Teach students the work ethic and communications skills needed to make the transition into the workforce
- Give employers that participate in the program the edge they need to find qualified job candidates
- Prepare the youth of Oakland for college, community college and a variety of professional careers
- Offer meaningful opportunities for Oakland youth to gain real-world skills and experience
- Connect Oakland youth with industry professionals to prepare them for the future; local talent local jobs
Jacqueline Noguera – Coordinator
250 Frank Ogawa Plaza Suite 3315
Oakland, CA 94612