Our Upcoming Events
Services for Adult Job Seekers
To help you find your next job, the One-Stop Careers Centers listed below provide free services such as:
- Access to local, regional and national job listings, including the CALJOBS Internet job match system.
- Contacts with local employers who are seeking workers.
- Tools to help you assess you interests, aptitudes, skills and values so you can find the job that suits you best.
- Seminars that will show you how to improve your qualifications and job search skills.
- Assistance in preparing a strong, effective resume.
- Connections to Bay Area organizations where you can get training, further your education or obtain support services.
- Program links that can set you on a productive career path.
- Job and career coaching.
- An extensive, multimedia resource library with up-to-date information on jobs, careers, companies and the labor market.
There are five centers in the Oakland One-Stop network – one comprehensive center and three affiliate centers that extend the reach of the network to geographically and linguistically diverse populations.
Go directly to these service providers for assistance.
Oakland Career Center
1212 Broadway, Suite 100, Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 768-4473 or toll free 1-866-EBWORKS; Fax (510) 891-9968
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 4:45pm; Friday: 10am to 4:45pm
The English Center
66 Franklin Street, Suite 300, Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 836-6700; Fax (510) 836-6900
Monday to Friday: 3pm to 7pm
Language Capacity: Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish, Arabic, Bosnian, Cantonese, Farsi, Tibetan, Malaysian, Thai, Vietnamese.
Lao Family Community Development, Inc.
2325 East 12th Street, Oakland, CA 94601
(510) 533-8850; Fax (510) 533-1516
Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
Language Capacity: Bosnian, French, Cantonese, Khmer, Khmu, Lao, Mandarin, Mien, Tai Dam, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese
1900 Fruitvale Avenue, Suite 2A, Oakland, CA 94601
(510) 535-7182; Fax (510) 534-5438
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 6pm; Friday: 9am to 5pm
Language Capacity: Cambodian, Cantonese, Laotian, Mandarin, Mien, Spanish, Vietnamese