- Animal Services
- Budget Office
- Citizens' Police Review Board
- Cannabis Regulatory Commission
- Community Policing Advisory Board
- Contracts and Compliance
- Cultural Arts & Marketing
- Economic & Workforce Development
- Employee Relations
- Measure Y
- Project Implementation
- Nuisance Abatement
- Public Ethics Commission
- Real Estate
- Special Permits
- Workforce Development
Our Upcoming Events
Filing a Complaint
If you feel you have been treated inappropriately by an officer of the Oakland Police Department or an Oakland Park Ranger, you may file a police misconduct complaint with:
- The Citizens’ Police Review Board (CPRB), a nine-member civilian police oversight agency for the City of Oakland
- The Oakland Police Department, Internal Affairs Division (OPD/IAD).
(Please note: All complaints filed with the CPRB are also forwarded to the Internal Affairs Division of the Oakland Police Department. One or both agencies may investigate your complaint.)
To file a complaint with the CPRB:
Download the complaint form or call the CPRB at (510) 238-3159 and request that a complaint form be mailed or faxed to you.
Complete, sign and mail or fax the complaint form to the CPRB.
Complaint forms available in
Citizens’ Police Review Board
City of Oakland - Dalziel Building
250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite 6302 (6th Floor)
Oakland, CA 94612
Fax: (510) 238-6834
If you need help filing a complaint:
- Call the CPRB at (510) 238-3159 or TTY: (510) 238-2007 and ask to speak with an investigator
- Visit the CPRB office on the 6th floor of 250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite 6302 (6th Floor)
After a complaint has been filed with the CPRB:
- Complaints are investigated by a civilian complaint investigator who prepares an investigative report for the Citizens’ Police Review Board.
- The Board conducts hearings on some cases and may make written recommendations to the City Administrator for discipline of officers or rangers.
- The City Administrator decides whether to implement the recommendations of the Board, to implement them with modifications, or not to implement them.
DIAGRAM OF CPRB COMPLAINT PROCESS
To file a complaint with the Oakland Police Department, Internal Affairs Division:
- Request a complaint form: Call Internal Affairs at (510) 238-3161 and a complaint form will be mailed or faxed to you, OR visit the Internal Affairs office at the address below and request a complaint form.
- Mail completed complaint forms to:
Oakland Police Department, Internal Affairs Division
250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Ste. C
Oakland, CA 94612