- Animal Services
- Budget Office
- Citizens' Police Review Board
- Cannabis Regulatory Commission
- Community Policing Advisory Board
- Contracts and Compliance
- Cultural Arts & Marketing
- Economic & Workforce Development
- Employee Relations
- Measure Y
- Nuisance Abatement
- Privacy Advisory Commission
- Project Implementation
- Public Ethics Commission
- Real Estate
- Special Permits
- Workforce Development
Our Upcoming Events
Filing a Complaint
If you feel you have been treated inappropriately by an officer of the Oakland Police Department or an Oakland Park Ranger, you may file a police misconduct complaint with:
- The Citizens’ Police Review Board (CPRB), an eleven-member civilian police oversight agency for the City of Oakland
- The Oakland Police Department, Internal Affairs Division (OPD/IAD).
(Please note: All complaints filed with the CPRB are also forwarded to the Internal Affairs Division of the Oakland Police Department. One or both agencies may investigate your complaint.)
To file a complaint with the CPRB:
Download the complaint form or call the CPRB at (510) 238-3159 and request that a complaint form be mailed or faxed to you.
Complete, sign and mail or fax the complaint form to the CPRB.
Citizens’ Police Review Board
City of Oakland - Dalziel Building
250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 6302 (Floor 6)
Oakland, CA 94612
Fax: (510) 238-6834
If you need assistance in filing a complaint:
- Call the CPRB at (510) 238-3159 or TTY: (510) 238-2007 and ask to speak with an investigator
- Visit the CPRB office at 250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 6302 (Floor 6)
After a complaint has been filed with the CPRB:
- Complaints are investigated by a civilian complaint investigator who prepares an investigative report for the Citizens’ Police Review Board.
- The Board conducts hearings on some cases and may make written recommendations to the City Administrator for discipline of officers or rangers.
- The City Administrator decides whether to implement the recommendations of the Board, to implement them with modifications, or not to implement them.
DIAGRAM OF CPRB COMPLAINT PROCESS
To file a complaint with the Oakland Police Department, Internal Affairs Division:
- Request a complaint form: Call Internal Affairs at (510) 238-3161 and a complaint form will be mailed or faxed to you, OR visit the Internal Affairs office at the address below and request a complaint form.
- Mail completed complaint forms to:
Oakland Police Department, Internal Affairs Division
250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Ste. C
Oakland, CA 94612