Our Upcoming Events
City Administrator's Office, Contracts and Compliance Division
Doing Business with the City
Interested in becoming a Supplier with the City of Oakland?
All businesses (aka contractors, consultants and vendors are here forth referred to as Suppliers) who wish to do business or apply for certification/recertification with the City of Oakland are required to register with the City of Oakland's Oracle iSupplier Portal.
This is an online interface where suppliers can be notified of upcoming opportunities, view their purchase orders, deliveries, invoices and payment status. Begin by registering for an account.
* iSupplier only supports the Internet Explorer 7/8 and Firefox browsers
Once you have registered with iSupplier, you can begin reviewing our current Contracting Opportunities.
Directory of Oakland's Certified Businesses
To search for certified Very Small Local, Small Local, Local and Locally Produced Goods Businesses click on the link below:
(To narrow your search, click on the advanced search link.)
Certification or Re-Certification
We encourage all organizations with a substantial business presence in the City of Oakland to apply for VSLBE, SLBE, LBE or LPG certification. Certified businesses may earn bid discounts or preference points.
Visit our Certification page to learn more about the programs,
- What is an LBE/SLBE Certification?
- Am I Eligible for an LBE/SLBE Certification?
- Why should I get Certified as an LBE/SLBE ?
- Certification/Re-certification Application Process.
Please email Ernestine Nettles at email@example.com for Certification questions
Contractor's Certified Payroll Login
Important Note: All Construction contracts/projects over the amount of one thousand dollars are subject to prevailing wage and all contractors must submit certified payrolls to the City of Oakland.
Click on this link LCPTracker Login Page to enter certified payroll.
If you do not have a username and password contact LCPTracker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
City Programs and Policies
The City of Oakland has earned national acclaim for its business development policies: cutting-edge approaches that harness local resources to achieve local benefits. By supporting the local community -- especially those businesses that have been disadvantaged -- the City steadfastly stimulates economic development.
LOCAL EMPLOYMENT AND APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMS
Contractors who participate in the City's development projects must comply with Oakland's Local Hire Compliance Ordinance.
The City of Oakland's local employment programs offer Oakland residents an opportunity to participate in the City's economic mainstream and gain experience in the construction trades.
Local Employment Program
Contractors who participate in the City's development projects contract to comply with Oakland's Local Hire Compliance Ordinance and meet Oakland resident hiring goals.
15% Apprenticeship Program
Apprenticeship is an essential pathway to a productive career in the construction trades. It is a job training system that combines the on-the-job training with related classroom instruction. Apprentices are paid employees who "earn while they learn."
Oakland Army Base Gateway Redevelopment Project
- OAB Group 02 Bid Invite Advertisement 7.10.13
- Lease Disposition and Development Agreement and Related Agreements
- Neighborhood Investment - Oakland Army Base Project
- Oakland Global
- Construction Jobs Policy OAB Project Public Improvements
- OAB Jobs Policies Implementation Plan for Compliance and Enforcement
- Oakland Resolution No. 84039 C.M.S. Definition of Resident
- Oakland Resolution No. 13140 C.M.S. Oversight Commission to Monitor Compliance
- Request for Qualification of Subcontractors for the Oakland Army Base Project
- Meet the Primes
- Army Base Workforce Summary Report (is now available)
- West Oakland Job Resource Center Report