Our Upcoming Events
Mission & Goals
The Department of Contracting & Purchasing procures materials, equipment and services to help the City serve the citizens of Oakland.
Contracting & Purchasing enforces City Council policies that stimulate the fair and equitable involvement of Oakland residents and businesses. Staff is dedicated to providing efficient and responsive service, complying with the City's legal and social equity requirements, and upholding the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Assist agencies in meeting their contracting and procurement needs
- Implement standard procurement and contracting processes and mount a city-wide centralized automated contracting system, known as procure to pay
- Apply transparent strategies that will reduce staff's time and effort
- Ensure that City agencies adhere to social equity policies for Oakland businesses and residents Create and maintain new sustainable strategies that will allow businesses to more fully engage in the City's contracting process
- Continue outreach to encourage citizen participation in government affairs and to increase voter participation