- Animal Services
- Budget Office
- Citizens' Police Review Board
- Cannabis Regulatory Commission
- Community Policing Advisory Board
- Contracts and Compliance
- Cultural Arts & Marketing
- Economic & Workforce Development
- Employee Relations
- KTOP TV-10
- Measure Y
- Neighborhood Investment
- Nuisance Abatement
- Public Ethics Commission
- Real Estate
- Special Permits
- Workforce Development
Our Upcoming Events
FY 2013-15 Proposed Policy Budget
On Wednesday, April 17, Mayor Jean Quan and City Administrator Deanna J. Santana released the FY 2013-15 Proposed Budget.
- Open Letter to the Oakland Community on the Budget from Mayor Quan -- June 6, 2013
- Message from City Administrator Deanna J. Santana to City Employees to Clarify Budget Questions and Numbers -- June 6, 2013
- Letter from Mayor Quan and City Administrator Santana
- FY 2013-2015 Budget Highlights
- FY 2013-15 Propose Policy Budget Town Hall Meeting PowerPoint Presentation - May 13, 2013
- Service Impact Statements anticipated in the FY 2013-2015 Proposed Policy Budget
- Information sheet on Restoration of Expenditures Cuts & Policy Decisions on Possible Expanded Funding of Priority Services which identifies costs associated with proposed service reductions
- Proposed budget in its entirety
- Budget in Chapters
- Cover, Transmittal Letter and Budget Highlights
- Policy Tradeoffs & Service Buybacks
- Budget Guide
- City Facts
- Financial Summaries
- Departmental Summaries
- Financial Policies
- Service Impacts
- Errata: Proposed Policy Budget Update on June 13
- Capital Improvement Program Budget
- Budget In Brief in English, Español and .
- Click here to read the May 23, 2013 Information Memo with responses to additional questions raised by City Councilbmembers.
- Click here to read the May 13, 2013 Information Memo with responses to questions raised by City Councilbmembers.
To gain an overview of past actions taken by the City to balance its budget, click here to read the Budget Backgrounder Fact Sheet in English, Español and .
Supporting Documents from the April 2 Budget Workshop
Prior to release of the Proposed Budget, a special City Council Budget Workshop was held on April 2. The purpose of the workshop was to provide the City Council, employees and the community with an overview of the current status of the City budget and other information that helps establish the baseline conditions on which the two-year budget proposal will be based.
To read and review a document, please click on the document title below:
- State of the Budget Report and Police Costs Summaries
- Five-Year Financial Plan and Supplemental Report
- Revision to Long-Term Financial Planning Policy Report
- FY 2012-13 (Current Fiscal Year) 2nd Quarter Revenue & Expenditure Report
Budget Town Hall Meetings
Before the City Council holds formal budget hearings to deliberate the budget, a series of Budget Town Hall Meetings, hosted in partnership with City Councilmembers, will be held to gather input from Oakland residents.
Thursday, May 9
|6:30 - 8:30 pm|
Marian Zimmer Auditorium, Oakland Zoo,
|Monday, May 13||6 - 8 pm||Cesar Chavez Education Center, |
2825 International Boulevard
Council Districts 5 & At-large
|Saturday, May 18||Noon - 2:30 pm|
Beebe Memorial Cathedral,
|Sunday, May 19||3:30 - 5:30 pm||Glenview Elementary School, |
4215 La Cresta Avenue
Council Districts 2 & 4
|Monday, May 20||6:30 - 8 pm|
Frick Middle School,
Every meeting is open to all members of the Oakland community, regardless of the Council District of residency. No R.S.V.P. required. Visit http://mapgis.oaklandnet.com/councildistricts for a map of Council Districts and locator tool.
To request interpretation services in languages other than English, please contact Silvia San Miguel, at least five business days prior to the meeting date, at (510) 238-6448 or email@example.com.