Delinquent Garbage Bill Online Payment System
Frequently asked question (FAQ’s) for online delinquent garbage payments.
1. What does the online mandatory garbage notice delinquent payment program allow me to do?
The Mandatory Garbage Delinquent Notice Payment Program allows you to perform web inquiries to pay delinquent garbage invoices. By entering the invoice and customer number, the property location and amount due will be displayed. Once you have verified that the location and amount due is correct you can go to the next step.
2. What type of payment method is accepted on this online program?
You may pay your invoice online 24 hours a day using Master Card, Visa, and Discover. Make check payments in person at the Revenue Division’s Business Tax Office located 250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza Suite 1320. There are no fee charges to use the online payment program.
3. What if I don’t have my invoice number?
For the security of personal information, this site will only perform searches on active and lien invoice numbers. If you don’t have your invoice number you can call the Revenue Division’s Mandatory Garbage Section at (510) 238-7474 for assistance to obtain your invoice and customer number.
4. Why can’t I find my invoice number on the online Payment system?
If the invoice has been paid or the liability on your invoice(s) has been transferred to the Alameda County Tax Collectors’ Office. It will not appear on the payment system. If it was transferred to the property tax roll the liability must be paid through Alameda County Tax Collector’s Office at 1221 Oak Street, Oakland California. The City system will no longer accept payment either through this website or in our office.
5. How do I verify if the delinquent invoices has been paid or transferred to the Alameda County Tax Roll if it does not appear on the system?
If it was transferred to the property tax roll the liability must be paid through Alameda County Tax Collector’s Office at 1221 Oak Street, Oakland California. The City system will no longer accept payment either through this website or in our office.
6. Should I pay online if I want to attend an administrative or council hearing?
For those who wish to contest the delinquent notice charge, contact Waste Management of Alameda County at (510) 613-8710
7. What if I have already paid my delinquent bill to Waste Management?
Billing cycles for residential property are quarterly basis, payments are due to Waste Management on or before the 10th day of the month following the close of the billing cycle. All payments received after the due date is automatically credit to the next billing period. Waste Management automatically transfers all past due balances to the City of Oakland for collection and delinquent payments can only be collected by the City of Oakland. Waste Management (WMAC) can be contact at (510) 613-8710. Should you have a question regarding your Waste Management (WM) payment, please contact WM to confirm if your last payment was applied to the delinquent invoices in question or to your next billing cycle.
8. Will I need to attend a hearing or contact the City of Oakland if Waste Management has adjusted my current delinquent charges?
There will be no need to attend the hearings or contact City of Oakland if Waste Management has adjusted the delinquent charges; however, please confirm with them if that is the case.
9. If I do have a billing dispute or want to change my garbage service?
Please call Waste Management at (510) 613-8710. Their office is located at 172 – 98th Avenue, Oakland, CA 94603.